Theft & Property Crimes
Many people underestimate both immediate and long-term consequences of a property crime conviction or assume that nothing can be done to avoid them. This can lead to major regrets. Whether you made a mistake or have been falsely accused, we are here to do everything possible to protect your rights and your future.Trial-Proven Advocates Experienced in Misdemeanor and Felony Theft Cases
We are proven, resourceful Bend theft defense attorneys who take many cases through trial and have built an invaluable reputation for integrity with area prosecutors. Our knowledge and capabilities extend across the spectrum of Oregon theft offenses and other property and financial crimes, including:
- Shoplifting/retail theft or stealing from any other party, whether at the misdemeanor level or as a felony if the property is valued at more than $1,000, includes a firearm or certain other circumstances are alleged
- Aggravated theft for taking property valued at more than $10,000
- Possession of stolen property or selling stolen property, also categorized as theft under Oregon law
- Major felony offenses such as burglary, arson or robbery — which is a Measure 11 offense that carries a mandatory minimum sentence of more than five years' imprisonment
- On-the-job crimes such as embezzlement and Internet crimes
You may have so much at stake that only a dedicated trial lawyer willing to go the distance with your case can help. In other situations, we are able to obtain a diversion agreement, restitution instead of a conviction or other remedies.
We are familiar with every viable defense against a theft charge, and you can count on us to engage with you and align our efforts with your key goals. For a personal consultation with a lawyer who will put your interests first, contact us, Mario F. Riquelme and L. Todd Wilson, now.